Home DIY! New Lights!
So this weekend we tackled this DIY! We have been wanting to change the lights in our house since we moved in but didn't want to spend a lot of money to change our main 4 lights. So I did some research and came across a DIY that I so totally wanted to tackle!
This weekend we did it! It has turned out so great we love it!
1) round ballons
2) acrylic white yarn
3) wallpaper adhesive (glue)
6) stir stick
7) box to poor glue in
So here is a little break down of how we did it! (ps there are photos that will show you step by step as you scroll down.
1) First we blew up the balloons to our desired size.
2) Then we rubbed the entire balloon with vaseline (thin coat)
3) We measured a circle with marker at the top of the balloon so that the light could fit through
4) We soaked the yarn in wallpaper glue and made sure it was all covered with glue
5) We wrapped the balloon with the yarn randomly but keeping it neat and even
6) We hung the ballon to dry for 24 hours (allowing yarn to harden)
7) We took the air out of the balloon slowly and pulled it through the top hole
6) We painted our current light fixtures white
7) We hung the new lights up!